Put your retirement account to work and make an immediate impact at Duke.
Discover how to use an IRA rollover to support the Duke areas most important to you.
A charitable IRA rollover–often called a “qualified charitable distribution” or “QCD”–may be an easy and effective way to make an immediate impact at Duke. It allows those who are 70 ½ or older to support Duke people, places and programs with a tax-free transfer of up to $100,000 a year from an individual retirement account.
Your gift in action at Duke.
Use your IRA rollover gift to support your passions at Duke. For example, you could:
- Support need-based financial aid to help the best and brightest students attend Duke
- Add to an existing endowment to support advancements in science and technology
- Be a part of Duke’s Annual Fund, a critical source of support on campus year-in and year-out
Get the benefits now.
Here’s what an IRA rollover gift may do for you:
- Reduce your taxable income
- Count toward your required minimum distribution (RMD) if you are at least 72 years old*
- Provide a tax-efficient way to make a difference at Duke
*The amount of a charitable IRA rollover gift that counts toward your RMD may be reduced by additions you make to a retirement account after age 70 ½. To find out if this limitation applies to you, please contact your financial advisor.
Ready to learn more? Download the 2022 charitable IRA rollover how-to guide to find out how your IRA can make a meaningful impact at Duke University.
This information is provided with the understanding that neither Duke University nor the authors are providing legal, accounting, or other professional advice or counsel. Please consult your personal counsel about the financial, tax, and legal implications of any gift.