The Duke 100 Challenge is a unique opportunity to support Duke today and tomorrow. Beginning April 1, 2023, 10% of a new planned gift established in your estate or retirement plan will be matched with current-use funds for your chosen area of support. Duke has generously committed $1 million to serve as a pool of matching funds. Every $10 of your planned gift will be matched by $1 from this pool, up to a limit of $10,000 per match.
In the spirit of honoring 100 years since Duke’s founding in 1924, our goal is to raise 100 new planned gifts through this challenge.
No minimum gift amount is required to unlock matching funds for the area of campus that means the most to you. Duke will continue to offer this matching opportunity until June 30, 2025, or until the $1 million matching funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. This opportunity is limited to donors born before July 1, 1964.
Will you meet the challenge and multiply your impact today?
The Match in Action
- Make a new planned gift to Duke
- Document a bequest in your will or living trust, or
- Make Duke the beneficiary of your retirement account, or
- Establish a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust that pays you an income for life
- Your planned gift can be designated for any purpose at Duke University
- Let Duke know about your gift. Complete the Duke 100 Challenge gift form or contact the Office of Gift Planning at email@example.com or (919) 681-0464.
- Duke will match every $10 of your planned gift with $1 of current-use funds, up to a limit of $10,000 per match
FOR EXAMPLE: If you name Duke to receive $100,000 from your will to support your favorite school, program, or special place on campus, your planned gift will unlock $10,000 of unrestricted, current-use funds for your chosen area. With the Duke 100 Challenge, your gift makes a significant impact at Duke both today and in the future.
Learn more about the Duke 100 Challenge and how to secure your matching funds today. Duke’s Office of Gift Planning has charitable planning professionals available to work with you and your advisors. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 681-0464.