The Annual Fund provides jobs for Duke undergraduate and graduate students interested in helping the university raise money.
What is the Duke Annual Fund?
The Duke Annual Fund is made up of thousands of flexible gifts from Duke’s loyal alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff, and friends. In 2019-2020, gifts from nearly 52,000 donors added up to $41.2 million in unrestricted support. These contributions benefit Duke students, paying for financial aid awards, faculty salaries, computer and laboratory equipment, course development, classroom renovations, student research projects, summer internship stipends, exhibitions in the museum, repairs in the chapel, and so much more.
Student Development Representative
The primary responsibility of our student development representatives is telephoning alumni and parents to thank them and ask for Annual Fund contributions.
Why do we call?
Student development representatives play an important role in increasing participation among alumni and parents, while also establishing connections with those who aren’t able to come back to campus.
“I’ve been with the Phonathon for six semesters. I come back every semester because I love being part of a community of students who love Duke and its alumni.”Lacey, T’17
“The Phonathon community is such a supportive, fun group of people. The calling room is always filled with welcoming faces and entertaining stories. It’s so fun hearing from alumni about their experiences at Duke and beyond!”Rachel, T’16
“I will never take my experience at the Duke Phonathon off of my resume. Potential employers love to hear about the confidence, teamwork, and hard work that being a development representative in university fundraising has given me.”Amber, T’13
Who We’re looking for
- Diligent, detail-oriented students
- Ability to work two, 2.5 hour shifts a week
- Work study is NOT a requirement
- Strong, English, oral communication skills
One of the most rewarding jobs on campus
- Network with Duke alumni and parents
- Hone professional skills relevant to sales, marketing, fundraising, and public relations
- Opportunities for promotions available
- $15 per hour salary & opportunity to create your schedule on a week-by-week basis
- Bonuses and prizes available throughout the semester
- Raises available each year you stay with our team
- Strong addition to any resume or graduate school application
- Make a difference at Duke for yourself and your peers