A Message from the Parents Program Chairs
"Serving as Co-Chairs for the Class of 2019 for the Parents Committee has been great experience for us since we were new to Duke in 2015. Looking back, there were many times we had questions or needed support, and our fellow Parents Committee members or the outstanding Duke staff was always there to help. We are excited to become the Chairs for the 2018 and 2019 school years! Joining the Parents Committee is a great way to meet a wonderful group of parents that are so generous with their time and financial support. We cannot believe our son will be starting his senior year and our daughter will be starting her sophomore year. Both have made friends for life!"
- Tony and Mary Barra P'19, P'21
Share your time and energy with Duke!
The Duke Parents Program is a vital part of the Duke Annual Fund. Each year, the generosity of Duke parents helps the university support its financial aid program, sustain a world-class faculty, pay for service-learning projects, and provide support for a wealth of innovative learning opportunities for students.
In 2018-19, the Duke Parents Committee raised over $7 million from over 3,100 households to set a new record for the Parents Program! This success would not be possible without the support, dedication, and enthusiasm of 550+ non-alumni Duke parents from across the country and across the globe. These proud Duke parents provide leadership support for the Annual Fund and reach out to other Duke parents to enlist their support of the Annual Fund. Our parent volunteers enjoy gaining a deeper appreciation for the experiences their children are having as Duke students, meeting fellow parents, and having an opportunity to give back to a university that gives their children so much.
- Make a leadership gift that is commensurate with your philanthropic capacity and passion for Duke; with the minimum gift being at the Washington Duke Society level.
- Encourage 7-9 families to join you in supporting the Annual Fund and help educate families about the importance of supporting the Annual Fund.
- Participate in Committee events during Family Weekend and the Parents Committee Spring Weekend as you are able. Please note the following dates for your travel arrangements:
- Friday, October 25 2019: New Member Welcome Gathering & Parents Leadership Cocktail Reception
- Saturday, October 26 2019: Parents Committee Meeting
- April 3-4 2020: Spring Parents Committee Weekend
- Attend regional events or host an event as your schedule allows.
Duke Parents Committee members can expect:
- Meaningful impact at the University through your philanthropy, engagement and volunteerism
- Exclusive access to hear from top Duke faculty and administrators at events and Parents Committee Speaker Series calls.
- Support from Parents Program staff and class co-chairs in your outreach.
- Mentorship opportunities for parents and their students through the Parents Committee's private Mentorlink program
- New connections with fellow parents through your outreach and engaging events regionally, and on campus.
Want to get involved?
Contact us at (919) 684-4419 or email@example.com.