Gift Planning: everybody’s talking about it
Welcome to the new Duke University Gift Planning blog!
Welcome, friends, to the first ever Duke University Gift Planning blog post.
You must be excited.
And even if you’re not, we are!
A planned gift can help you support the memories, people, and places you love most at Duke. But besides being incredibly rewarding, a gift established through your will, retirement account, or other long-term plan is also a creative and tax-wise choice that may allow you to make a bigger impact than you thought possible.
Unfortunately, people often think that planned giving is too complex, boring, or only for the über wealthy.
But it’s actually for everyone at every giving level, which is why we have spent our careers in this field! Our team has more than 75 years’ experience in legal, tax, estate, and charitable planning fields. You can learn more about us here. Together, we’re chock full of helpful insights on giving opportunities and techniques, and we want everyone to be able to take advantage of that.
Our goal is to show you how you can be savvy and smart with your philanthropy, too – no matter what your giving level or where your passion lies.
Here’s the kind of information you can expect on our blog:
- Guest columns from financial and legal experts (Duke professors and alumni alike)
- Inspiring giving stories from your fellow Blue Devils
- Beautiful photos and video tours of places on campus and programs that have benefited from planned gifts
- A Frequently Asked Questions series. We’ll answer some of your most common questions (Can I donate my timeshare?) and debunk pesky giving myths.
- And, hot news items in the tax and charitable giving world.
We hope this blog is a source of information and inspiration. We invite you to check back with us from time to time or sign up to receive a quarterly email summary of blog insights.
Unleash your inner philanthropist!
The Gift Planning Team